Sunday, January 30, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (Jan. 30, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This week I got six books this week and added four books to the TBR stack.

I was surprised to receive two ARCs of The Iron Queen from Donna at the publishing company. Thanks so much, Donna! I would be glad to be on the list to receive The Iron Knight when it becomes available (hint, hint).

Since I had already received an eARC from NetGalley, read it, and reviewed it, I gave one copy to my friend and fellow blogger Bev who blogs at The Wormhole and donated the other one to my High School Media Center for my students to enjoy.

These are the ones that got added to the TBR pile:

I got The False Princess by Ellis O'Neal which is a 2011 YA Debut Author book. I am a big fan of fantasy and this one seems to fit right in.

I also got Vesper by Jeff Sampson. It is also a 2011 YA Debut Author book. I wasn't really too excited about this one until I found out that it had werewolves. I love werewolves!
I bought Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool because it won the Newbery Award. I don't remember seeing anything about this book last year. I am eager to see what it is about and if it will have any appeal for my students. So few of the Newbery's actually appeal to my readers.

Finally, I got a copy of The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney. I have been excited about this one since I first heard about it at KidLitCon this past fall. 

What landed in your mailbox this week?


13 comments:

  1. Terrific book week. The Iron Witch is fantastic.
    Enjoy all your books :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! I just finished The Iron Witch the other day and I really loved it so I hope you do too! Also, The False Princess is amazing so I hope you enjoy that one as well. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! Super jealous that you got both The Iron Queen and The Iron Witch! None of my stores seem to have got their shipments in! Very annoying sometimes! And I keep seeing a lot of Vesper, look forward to a review on that one!

    Here's my IMM

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also added The Iron Witch and Vesper to my pile this week...And I have a copy of The Iron Witch. Can't wait to have time to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab books this week. Hope you enjoy them! You can see what I got in my mailbox here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The False Princess and The Iron Witch look really good. I can't wait to read both. Enjoy all of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucky lady! You received a ton of great YA books this week. That should keep you busy for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great books! THe IRon Queen is super great! Vesper looks really great! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great looking stuff this week!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh really good mailbox this week! I am currently reading The Iron Queen and it's soooo good! I want to read The Iron Witch aswell. Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone seems like they're getting two books I want so bad. Iron Queen and Iron Witch. :D haha Irony. Great Mailbox this week! I'm sure you'll enjoy them lots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome books this week! I enjoyed the first of the Iron Fey series - I need to read more of them. Enjoy your new reads:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey - thanks for mentioning my blog! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!