Sunday, January 9, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (Jan. 9, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

XVI by Julia Karr is my first print 2011 YA Debut book. (I have a few from NetGalley on my Kindle.) This dystopia sounded like it would be really interesting.

Awakened by P. C. and Kristin Cast is the next book in the House of Night series. After the cliffhanger ending of the previous book, I had to add this one to my TBR stack as soon as it was available to find out what happens next.

Hexbound by Chloe Neill is the sequel to Firespell. I enjoyed that one and am eager to read this young adult "paranormal boarding school" story.
Impossible by Nancy Werlin was chosen because I had and read an ARC of Extraordinary and really enjoyed it. I look forward to this one too.

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain is the sequel to her 2010 Debut novel. I look forward to finding out what happens next for her characters.

Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber is a book that I donated to my HS Media Center. I read the eARC from NetGalley and thought that it would be something my students would really enjoy.

Those are my new arrivals this week. Now I just need to find some time to actually sit down and read them. What did you get?

15 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to picking up a copy of XVI, it looks like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read The Lost Saint. I should be receiving it from the library soon. I enjoyed Impossible. I hope you like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved XVI, hope you like it too!

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read The Dark Divine! And Hexbound is in my TBR pile too. But some E-ARCs have kind of taken over!

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. XVI is one I'm looking forward to reading - enjoy them all!

    Our Mailbox is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some great books again this week. I also got the Lost Saint- interested to see where it's going to go. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice set of YA book: hey XVI looks pretty intense.

    Let me know if it's worth a place on the throne of shelves :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab books this week. XVI sounds really good. Hope you enjoy them all! My mailbox is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely books you got there Ms. Martin. :) I read The Lost Saint last month and loved it. Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lucky. I can't wait to read Awakened =D
    Check out my: IMM

    Mariya @ Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just ordered Hexbound a couple days ago and will be getting XVI for review. Can't wait till they come. Hope you will enjoy them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of great books; Happy Reading =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to reading The Lost Saint sometime soon and have XVI coming too. Great mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I received my copy of The Lost Saint this week too and I have XVI on order from Amazon. Hope it gets here soon. I hope you enjoy all of your novels!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You cover of Impossible is different from mine. I like it. And I really want to read XVI. Great mailbox. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!