Monday, February 21, 2011

Book Buying Ban Week 3

Week 3 of my book buying ban is over. Here is how I did:

  • I bought one book for my Kindle
  • I downloaded two free books for my Kindle
  • I received one book for review

I'm satisfied with that. I began the month with 1024 books marked TBR at LibraryThing. This morning I had 962. I would really like to lower TBR stack by 100 books but I may have to be satisfied with less. There are only 8 more days in February. 


This coming week will be very hard. First, my high school media center is hosting a Scholastic Book Fair. I will be surrounded with attractive books for the whole week. I am determined not to buy any books from the Fair.


Second, lots of great books are being published this week. I have already caved and pre-ordered four books:

  • Tortall and Other Stories by Tamora Pierce
  • This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
  • Treachery in Death by J. D. Robb
  • Pale Demon by Kim Harrison

It seems like I have been waiting for years for another book by Tamora Pierce. I love her work and had to get this one. The books by Frost and Robb were also must-haves. I could and should have waited for Pale Demon though. I haven't read the book that comes before it yet even though I went to an author signing last Spring and bought it.


I'm going to have to read lots this week in order to keep my TBR list from growing. That might be a challenge with two evenings of Parent-Teacher Conferences and one doctor's appointment on my schedule for the week. We are planning a read-in on Thursday evening for anyone who wants to come to celebrate the last day of the Book Fair and the end of conferences. Maybe I'll get some reading done there. But there will be games, food, and hopefully lots of students to occupy me too.


Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great!!
    Treachery in Death?!?! Oh, I just can't wait!
    Maybe you should join me in the read your own books challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to do this again! Good luck and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!