Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WoW: Dark Mirror by M. J. Putney

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the spine. It gives us a chance to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating.


I have already pre-ordered Dark Mirror by M. J. Putney from Amazon. I can hardly wait for it to arrive. This is Putney's debut young adult novel. She is a well-known adult novelist. She has won numerous awards for her writing, including two Romance Writers of America RITA awards, four consecutive Golden Leaf awards for Best Historical Romance, and the Romantic Times Career Achievement Award for Historical Romance. My favorite of all her historical romances is Angel Rogue. I even own two copies (in case one would be worn out or lost!).


Here is the product description:

Lady Victoria Mansfield, youngest daughter of the earl and countess of Fairmount, is destined for a charmed life. Soon she will be presented during the London season, where she can choose a mate worthy of her status.


Yet Tory has a shameful secret—a secret so powerful that, if exposed, it could strip her of her position and disgrace her family forever. Tory’s blood is tainted . . . by magic.


When a shocking accident forces Tory to demonstrate her despised skill, the secret she’s fought so hard to hide is revealed for all to see. She is immediately exiled to Lackland Abbey, a reform school for young men and women in her position. There she will learn to suppress her deplorable talents and maybe, if she’s one of the lucky ones, be able to return to society.


But Tory’s life is about to change forever. All that she’s ever known or considered important will be challenged. What lies ahead is only the beginning of a strange and wonderful journey into a world where destiny and magic come together, where true love and friendship find her, and where courage and strength of character are the only things that determine a young girl’s worth. 
Doesn't it sound like a fun read?

6 comments:

  1. This one sounds uniquely fascinating...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one does sound pretty interesting. Can't remember if I read something by this author years ago or not. Might not even have said book either because I did donate a lot of my YA books that weren't really paranormal a couple of years ago.

    Old Follower

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started reading this one the other day and I am really enjoying it so far. I haven't read her adult books, but i might check them out as I really enjoy her writing style. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this looks good. You can see what I'm waiting on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous cover! Thank you for sharing.
    I'm a new follower^^

    My WOW:
    http://mysteriousrose.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday-1-this-side-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really cool! I think I'll enjoy it. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!