Sunday, March 20, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (March 20, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

My mailbox was overflowing with goodies this week.
Falling Under by Gwen Hayes - I was seduced by the pretty cover.

The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge - I have read a couple of her other books but I think this is her YA debut.
I am a Carrie Vaughn fan and decided to add Steel to my stack (even though I am not a big fan of pirates.)

Beastly by Alex Flinn has been on my radar for quite a while but I never bought a copy. Now I have my own to read.
I got some books for review too. The Trouble with Spells by Lacey Weatherford is the first in her Of Witches and Warlocks trilogy. My friend raved about the title. I also had a chance to get this book for free for my Kindle. There is a coupon out there and I am going to be a stop on her virtual book tour in April.

I got Relic Master: The Dark City by Catherine Fisher for review from LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program. I also got a second copy that I think came from Shelf Awareness. 

I also got The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter from NetGalley for review.
I also added two short stories to my Kindle this week. Fallen from Grace by M. J. Putney is related to Dark Mirror which I recently read and loved. Turned at Dark by C. C. Hunter is in the Shadow Falls world. I have Born at Midnight on pre-order and expect it at the end of the month.
These two were free this week for my Kindle. Raising the Dead by Mara Purnhagen and Faustine: Bonfire Chronicles Book One by Imogene Rose.
Based on my friend's recommendation, I went to Smashwords and bought the second and the third books in the Of Witches and Warlocks series - The Demon Kiss and Blood of the White Witch.

That filled up my mailbox this week. What did you add to your TBR stack?


11 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! I also got Falling Under last week. Happy reading!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great books! I got Falling Under too this week.

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You got a lot this week! I also got Turned at Dark, it was a nice quick read too!

    Here's my IMM

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mailbox this week. I am especially interested in The Goddess Test and Steel. I really want to read both! I've heard mixed reviews about Falling Under, so I'm interested to hear what you think of it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though many readers said it was too long, I loved the Iron Thorn. I loved the Goddess Test. Can't wait for your review of Raising The Dead. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great IMM! The Iron Thorn, Steel and The Goddess Test all look fantastic. I hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books this week. I really want to get Steel and The Iron Thorn.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab books this week. Steel looks awesome. Hope you enjoy all of them! You can see what I got in my mailbox here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steel, Falling Under, AND The Iron Thorn - you have got some great reads this week!!!

    Our Mailbox is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome mailbox! Love the sound of The Iron Thorn, as Caitlin is great! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, new follower here! Awesome mailbox! I see so many great books. I'm really looking forward to reading Steel! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!