Sunday, March 27, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (March 27, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I had a really good week this week. I added four books to the TBR stack and spent only $4.99.
I have Invincible: Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon home with me from my school media center. This is the sequel to Infinity. It goes back in time and tells about Nick Gautier as he is just getting involved with the Dark Hunters.

Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens is the one I spent money on. I have been seeing this one around the blogs and was very interested in it. I bought it for my Kindle.
I downloaded Retro Demonology by Jana Oliver for my Kindle. It is a free short story in the Demon Trapper's world. I have The Demon Trapper's Daughter on my TBR stack already but haven't had a chance to read it.

I also went to NetGalley and received an eARC of The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross is the first in the Steampunk Chronicles. I fell in love with the cover and really like the steampunk genre. I look forward to reading and reviewing this one nearer its May 24 publication date.

Those were my additions to the TBR stack this week. What did you get?

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE YA. *sigh* What an awesome mailbox. Overprotected and Invincible look amazing, plus I def want to read the Demon Trappers daughter. so great. I'm jealous I hope you love them all! You can stop over and check out my mailbox here: http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books this week!

    I'm still not sold on the Steampunk genre. I need more convincing. I guess I'm still not quite sure of all the subtleties of it. Not to mention the name always throws me off. It's just a strange word. I know. I 'm weird. What can I say? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome book week. Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting books - I'm not familiar with any of them, so will look for your reviews of them.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read The Girl in the Steel Corset. That is a beautiful cover! I am planning to request it from NetGalley once I get caught up on some of my other e-ARCs. I still need to read The Demon Trapper's Daughter too. I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these books look good, especially Steel Corset. I have been loving steampunk lately! Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some great books there. Thanks for coming and checking mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! I'm very interested in Overprotected. Girl in the Steel Corset looks good too.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Girl in the Steel Corset looks excellent! Very nice mailbox this week. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!