Sunday, April 17, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (April 17, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.


I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I began the week slowly but my mailbox started filling up at the end of the week.


I got these this week:
Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany - This is a sequel to a book that I really liked last year.

Corsets & Clockwork is an anthology of steampunk stories by some of my favorite young adult authors and adult authors who have also begun to write for young adults.
Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes by Maureeen Johnson was free for my Kindle this week. I have never read it and thought I would add it to the stack.

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong is the first book in a new young adult series. I really like her books and am eager to read this one.

I got these two print books fore review this week:
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier -- This is a time travel story.

The Tomorrow Girls: Behind the Gates by Eva Gray -- From the description this one seems to combine boarding schools and dystopias. Should be interesting!

That was my haul this week. What did you get?


17 comments:

  1. OMgoodness what a fantastic book week. I am looking fprward to your reviews. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got a lot a good books! Loved Secrets and Shadows, hope you like it! I also got The Gathering and am reading it now! Can't wait to get Corsets and Clockwork either!

    Here's my IMM

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ruby Red cover is so stunning!

    I got 13 Little Blue Envelopes for free too. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corsets and Clockwork looks interesting.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great week! I'm really looking forward to The Gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, great haul! I never read 13 to Life, but I really want to and Secrets and Shadows looks great! I liked The Gathering, but didn't find it as compelling as the Darkest Powers series. I hope you enjoy it though! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books, I can't wait to read Corsets & Clockworks. Enjoy them all! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books this week! Corset's and Clockwork sounds very interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Corsets and Clockwork -- a steampunk anoTHOLOGY? WAY too cool. Thanks for sharing -- enjoy your books!

    Here's my IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm so excited about Ruby Red! looking forward to hearing your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some gorgeous covers in your mailbox this week, and squee over the new Kelley Armstrong. I love her! Happy reading!

    Here is my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooOoo...Great books this week! A few up there on my own TBR pile! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to read Corsets & Clockwork and The Gathering! So many good books!

    Our Mailbox is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for commenting (:

    Great stuff this week! I really want to read Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes. The only thing I've read by Maureen Johnson is Let It Snow, which she co-wrote with John Green and Lauren Myracle. That one was really cute, so Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes should be good as well. Hope you enjoy your books (:

    By the way, I see you're reading Bumped by Megan McCafferty! I'm not sure whether I should read as I've read reviews saying it's amazing and others saying it's terrible. Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to read Ruby Red. I got 13 Little Blue Envelopes too but I forgot to mention it. I frequently forget about any free e-books (or purchased ones) when I do my IMM post. It's like they don't exist since I don't have physical copies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Christina, I add all my books - print and ebook - to my LibraryThing Account and put them in a collection called New This Week. It makes it easy to recall all that I get each week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the cover of Ruby Red!! Will have to add that to my WL!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!