Thursday, April 7, 2011

Review: The Demon Kiss (Of Witches and Warlocks) by Lacey Weatherford

The Demon Kiss (Of Witches and Warlocks)
Author: Lacey Weatherford
Publication: Global Authors Publishers (April 13, 2010)


Description: Can someone else's past come back to bite you? After being drained of nearly all the blood in her body, novice witch, Portia Mullins, wakes up to find that her warlock boyfriend, Vance Mangum, has fled in search of his demon father. Determined to keep him from facing the evil alone Portia follows after him, unknowingly setting herself on the path of a new adventure that will take her, Vance, and their coven over international borders, into a foreign place where they will discover that the black magic which awaits them is far worse than they ever imagined. Portia finds herself tangled up in a web of lies and deceit in another's quest for demonic power in the excitingly romantic second paranormal novel in the Of Witches and Warlocks Series, The Demon Kiss.


My Thoughts: This second book in the Of Witches and Warlocks series has Portia and Vance, along with friends Shelley and Brad, tracking down Vance's evil father to a resort in Mexico. Vance is determined to destroy him before he can commit more evil acts. His father is kidnapping witches and warlocks and draining their powers because it increases his power and give him a high. 


Vance is also still dealing with the attempt to convert him to a demon. Portia healed him enough to stop the full conversion but he is still experiencing some symptoms. Portia is determined to stay with him, help him and love him. While they are in Mexico, Vance proposes and Portia accepts. When her parents and the rest of the coven arrive to help with defeating Vance's father, her parents give their permission for the two to wed when she turns 17. Meanwhile the couple is determined to be together with consumating their relationship until they are married.


This book was both action packed as the team finds a way to defeat Vance's father and romantic as Portia and Vance explore their relationship. I think that teenagers will love both the romance and the adventure. I had the same problem as I had with the first book. My inner adult kept getting in the way and asking questions like "what responsible parent would let their child travel to a foreign country to track down an evil demon warlock who has already killed?" and "what parent would really be OK with a 16-year-old and an 18-year-old essentially living together especially if he could go demon at any time?"


Favorite Quote:
"If it makes you feel any better, I already offered to give myself to him. He refused to take it," I said softly.

"Uh, no!" my dad said, sitting up straighter in his chair. "That doesn't make me feel any better. Why would you do something like that?"

I turned around to face them all, as my tears began to run down my face.

"I love him," I said, with all the emotion I could muster. "I'd do anything for him. Anything! I just don't want a life without him."
I bought this ebook at Smashwords for my Kindle. The paperback and Kindle editions are also available at Amazon. 

1 comment:

  1. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!!









    Media Job Descriptions

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!