Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week is from Enclave by Ann Aguirre. This is yet another dystopia about a society where people don't get a name until they are fifteen and have one of three career paths -- hunter, builder, or breeder. Deuce has chosen hunter and is learning her job - finding meat and protecting her enclave from the Freaks.

Teaser:

Then something did grab me. Hands snatched my arms and yanked me sideways. Fade lunged for me, but he missed.

15 comments:

  1. More dystopia. That sound you hear is me sobbing quietly to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I hope you are enjoying it. I look forward to your review. This one sounds similar to Divergent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like an interesting YA.

    My teaser this week is from ‘Crossing Oceans’ by Gina Holmes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one! Seen this book recently and am slightly intrigued!

    Here's my teaser

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog:)

    My Teaser Tuesday is from If I Stay by Gayle Forman. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds SO GOOD! Hope you like it! =)

    I'm your newest follower, and I look forward to reading more of your posts! =)

    Here's my Teaser post

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good! Here's my Teaser Tuesday from If I Stay by Gayle Forman. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful teaser! I will check it out. Every week my tbr pile keep getting longer!

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanna read this one!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds intense! I hope you enjoy(ed) it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! I love your teaser! Makes me want to read it! This is high in my wishlist. I'm dying to read this. :) Thanks for posting!

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh I really want to get this book. Great teaser.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to read this for a while. I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow - that would be soooo creepy. I might read this, I enjoy Aguirre's space books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser! I really liked ENCLAVE. Hope you enjoy it too.
    My teaser is from HAVEN

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!