Sunday, May 22, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (May 22, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

Four books were added to my TBR stack this week.

After Midnight by Lynn Viehl is her YA debut. This is the start of a new series and one reviewer said it was "Twilight crossed with Romeo and Juliet." I look forward to beginning this one.

I also got a graphic novel by Naomi Novik. Will Super Villains Be on the Final? is by the author of the Temeraire series. It sounded interesting because I like superheroes and really liked Novik's Temeraire books.
I also broke down and bought Die for Me by Amy Plum. I had been hesitating to get the debut novel because it sounded so similar to lots of the books already waiting for me on my TBR stack. The recent reviews I have been seeing encouraged me to get it.

Finally, I received a surprise package from Macmillan Children's Books. Inside was All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin and a bag of Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans. I kept the book and shared the candy with my colleagues at the Elementary School. I absolutely hate the taste of coffee and was surprised how few coffee drinkers I found when I was looking for someone to give the candy to. I left them in the lounge and hope they were enjoyed. 

That is it for me. What did you get in your mailbox?

6 comments:

  1. I've also read great reviews from Die for Me but still I'm not sure if I should read it.

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Die for Me with NetGalley and it was pretty good. It was an interesting storyline that was different from the normal vampires/werewolves/fae that are around. It was about reverents, so it had a new addition to the paranormal genre!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT reading week!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Die for Me awhile back and LOVED it. I'll have to check into All These Things I've Done. I love the cover for it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Amanda
    http://www.lettersinsideout.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die for Me is brilliant - I think I am going to have to add After Midnight to my wishlist, tempting.
    Have a great week & Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mailbox! Hope you enjoy Die For Me, as I thought it was pretty good. Happy reading!

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wary of Die For Me as well but now I can't wait to get it, it has such wonderful reviews! Hope you have a wonderful week! ;)

    ~Loren
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!