Sunday, May 29, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (May 29, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was a slow mailbox week for me. I just got three books for review from NetGalley--even though I said I wasn't going to get any more books for review until next fall. I just couldn't pass these up and they won't be published until Fall. I chose:
Legacy by Cayla Kluver -- This one will be published by Harlequin Teen late this summer (June 28). It is already an Amazon Encore book which is the cover that is pictured. I'll admit I like the new cover I saw at NetGalley better. This is a YA fantasy with princesses, arranged marriages and blood feuds.

The Last Dragon by Jane Yolen and Rebecca Guay is a graphic novel that will be published  in October. I love dragons and Jane Yolen and really look forward to reading this one. I have this one on Adobe Digital Editions and from my quick glance I can say that the art is amazing. 
Ultraviolet by R. J. Anderson -- I chose this one because of these lines from the book description: Once upon a time there was a girl who was special. This is not her story. Unless you count the part where I killed her. I will have to admit that I was intrigued. 

What did you get in your mailbox?

10 comments:

  1. Ultraviolet sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ultraviolet does sound pretty interesting! Will look for your review!

    Here's my IMM

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh that Ultraviolet line is interesting!!! Must read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got some really cool books^^
    the cover of the last dragon is amazing^^
    enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so confused when I first learned Legacy was already available, haha. It sounds like a great read, though! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab books this week. I got Ultraviolet as well. It sounds awesome. Hope you enjoy all of your books! You can see what I got in my mailbox here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sound of Ultraviolet! May have to request that one as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Last Dragon looks fantastic! I have to add it to my wishlist. Happy reading! :D

    Giada
    http://dr-stravagante.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dragons too and so The Last Dragon is the one that's intriguing me the most! Great books this week. Happy reading to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three of these look great, all something I would want to read as well!

    Our Mailbox is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!