Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Today I am reading The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong. I am a fan of Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. So I was excited to see that she had started a new young adult series. This series is about mysterious things that are happening on Vancouver Island.
Here is the product description:

Strange things are happening in Maya's tiny Vancouver Island town. First, her friend Serena, the captain of the swim team, drowns mysteriously in the middle of a calm lake. Then, one year later, mountain lions are spotted rather frequently around Maya's home—and her reactions to them are somewhat . . . unexpected. Her best friend, Daniel, has also been experiencing unexplainable premonitions about certain people and situations.


It doesn't help that the new bad boy in town, Rafe, has a dangerous secret, and he's interested in one special part of Maya's anatomy—her paw-print birthmark.
My teaser comes from page 11 and has three sentences:
I can't say the same for the woman clinging to the branch above the cat. She was the one screaming. The cougar -- a ragged-ear old tom I called Marv -- just stared at her, like he couldn't believe anyone would be dumb enough to climb a tree to escape a cat.

8 comments:

  1. Great teaser! This sounds really interesting. I haven't read anything by Kelley Armstrong yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Good one! Love Kelley Armstrong and can't wait to read more from this series!

    Here's my teaser

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! Another book I have to add to my tbr pile. Man it's growing! haha

    here's mine if your interested:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-may-31st-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser!

    My Teaser Tuesday is from Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder. Happy Reading! Jen @ A Reader's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome teaser!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this book soon! Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by our blog
    Under The Covers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser. I have this one on my tbr pile. Looks good.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. I haven't bought the Gathering yet because I haven't finished the first trilogy of this series....but I think after reading this teaser that I pretty much have to get it now. :) Thanks! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!