Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I am reading the eARC of The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch. Here is the product description:
After the death of her free-spirited mother, sixteen-year-old Alex Lee must leave her home in northern California to live with her wealthy grandmother in Savannah, Georgia. By birth, Alex is a rightful, if unwilling, member of the Magnolia League, Savannah's long-standing debutante society. She quickly discovers that the Magnolias have made a pact with a legendary hoodoo family, the Buzzards. The Magnolias enjoy youth, beauty and power. But at what price?

As in her popular adult novels, Crouch's poignant and humorous voice shines in this seductively atmospheric story about girls growing up in a magical Southern city.
My teaser:
Fine, OK. I have no friends here, I know no one, and I really should have probably said yes to that party thing. Still, if there's one thing Mom taught me, it was to be try to myself.

16 comments:

  1. I love the style of cover and teaser sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh just saw another teaser for this book! It sounds intriguing!

    My Teaser is going to be a little late today, but be sure to stop by later!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good.

    I went with a funny one today from J.D. Robb's Reunion in Death.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow great teaser...


    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/tuesday-teaser.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this one last week! Can't wait to dive in. I've read two other Crouch books.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for women who aren't afraid to be themselves! I like the sound of this character already. Great teaser. If you get a chance, mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the cover!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser. I just got this one off of netgalley. Can't wait to read it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by! I need to add this to my wishlist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent teaser - sounds like an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover too, especially the font. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read this one! I didn't request it cause I have too many to read, but I'll definitely be looking for some reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice Teaser. I can't wait to read this book! *pouts that she doesn't have an eArc* lolz

    Wanna see mine and have a chance to win the book? Well what are you waiting for?!?!
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this one too but haven't read it. Good teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The word "try" makes this interesting. Perhaps we can't naturally be ourselves, but we can "try" to be ourselves?

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!