Friday, June 10, 2011

Book Beginning & Friday 56: The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

Happy Friday everybody!!

Book Beginnings
 
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages 

Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. 

If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.
 
The Friday 56

Rules:
  • Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Freda's Voice
  • Post a link along with your post back to Freda's Voice
Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Today I chose The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong which is the third in her Darkest Powers series. These are young adult titles. The series is a very tight one with the events of each book following immediately after the events of the book before. If I had been waiting months in between books, I would find this really annoying. Luckily, I had all three books before I began my reading adventure.

Beginning:
After four nights on the run, I was finally safe, tucked into bed and enjoying the deep, dreamless sleep of the dead...until the dead decided they'd really rather have me awake.
Friday 56 (estimated since I'm reading this on my Kindle 2):
I wasn't really in the mood for that, but he was smiling, obviously eager to do something nice for me after vetoing my hair fix. It wasn't like we had anything better to do, so I said, "Sure."


7 comments:

  1. I really want to read this one! I added you to the Linky! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great excerpts! They make me want to read the books...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since it's the beginning of the book, I wonder if she really is safe....

    Here are my Friday Memes:http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/06/friday-memes.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to read something by Armstrong this sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I've been reading this series. I haven't gotten to this one yet. Looking forward to reading it. I want to read her new book, The Gathering. It's a new series she's started. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/friday-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! great beginning. Would luv to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great beginning - sounds like this could get very interesting!

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-beginningson-friday_10.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!