Sunday, June 12, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (June 12, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I added nine books - physical and virtual - to my TBR mountain this week.
These two were the only print books I added.

Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby got my with its great title and cover. The product description also makes it sound cute and entertaining. 

Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke is her young adult debut novel. I like her adult dragon books and dragons in general which puts this one on my stack. 
These two are for review.

Wisdom's Kiss by Catherine Gilbert Murdock is from NetGalley. I liked the sound of this fantasy novel. I also liked Princess Ben when I read it by haven't tried the Dairy Queen series yet.. 

I was emailed by Martin Chu Shui and asked to read his debut novel Dragon's Pupils - The Sword Guest. I liked the blurb and I really like dragons so I said I would give it a try.
I added two free young adult books to my Kindle this week too.

The Amulet by Alison Pensy sounded nicely paranormal and you can't beat the price.

Spirit Thorn by Zacharias O'Bryan also sounded intriguing.
I also checked out the Kindle $.99 sale and chose these three books.

Earth (Elemental Series) by Shauna Granger
Betrayal (Descendants #1) by Mayandree Michel

The only one I recall seeing before is Betrayal which had interested me. But the print book was more than I wanted to spend for an unknown author. The sale price tipped the balance for me. 

This is my mailbox. What did you get this week?


10 comments:

  1. I've read positive reviews of Fairy Bad Day and Wisdom's Kiss sounds good. I liked Princess Ben and love the Dairy Queen series. I got a book from the Kindle sale too-How to Ruin A Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh lots of neat books! I read Betrayal and liked it pretty okay. There were times when it just got a little too lengthy for me. More time spent on reading descriptions rather than action. I ended up skimming the last several pages (kindle pages). But yeah, couldn't pass the deal up on the kindle version either!!

    Here's my IMM

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week. Fairy Bad Day and Wisdom's Kiss look really good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I thought your other mailbox was excellent and then I come over here and you have more awesome books!!! This is a fantastic mailbox this week!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairy Bad Day looks great, it sounds like it'll be really funny and I love the cover. Lots of great books this week - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting mine I see you've had a great week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, Fairly Bad Day sounds like a hilarious read.
    Awesome titles this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul! I just got Wisdom's Kiss as well.

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-monday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great new books you got, Flying Blind sounds like a really good read:)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!