Sunday, June 19, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (June 19, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



As usual, the UPS guy was a frequent visitor to my house this week. And, I added quite a few books to my Kindle too.
I got Trial by Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes because I really enjoyed Raised by Wolves and want to know what happens next for the characters.

Divergent by Veronica Roth arrived this week too. I have been hesitating to buy this one because I am a little burned out on dystopias but the numerous glowing reviews convinced me that I have to read it. 
The Lost Heiress by Catherine Fisher is the second in the Relic Master series. I really liked The Dark City and want to continue reading this epic fantasy.

Broken: A Paranormal Romance by David H. Burton was added to my Kindle this week. I recently read another book by him (Scourge) and was curious about this one.

I also visited NetGalley this week and got these books for review:
Singled Out by Sara Griffiths was chosen because it includes sports and a female athlete. This kind of book could be useful in my media center. It won't be out until October.

Circus Galacticus by Deva Fagan is a middle grade space fantasy that will be published in November.

Cinder and Ella by Melissa Lemon is a different take on a fairy tale. It will also be published in November.

Those are the books that were added to my TBR mountain this week. What did you get?

13 comments:

  1. I got Trial by Fire too! Can't wait to read it!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Divergent this week too. Currently listening to it on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll really like Divergent. :-) And I'm reading Trial by Fire and it's really good, too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! I really want to read Divergent and Relic Master.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. ordered trial by fire from my library, I cant wait to read it!!!


    Divergent was so amazing easily my favorite book of 2011 so far.

    here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divergent is incredible - I hope you like it :D

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by my mailbox :) I LOVED Divergent, so I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh great books - really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Cinder & Ella.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great IMM! I so want to read Divergent keep going to buy it. Happy Reading!

    My IMM: http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read Divergent and really enjoyed it! I think it appeals to readers of The Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really tempted to get Trial By Fire. I read Raised By Wolves a few months ago and thought it was fantastic. It is probably my favorite werewolf book. While The Wolves of Mercy Falls series is beautifully written (and I like the romance more) I prefer the wolf mythology of Jennifer Lynn Barnes's books.

    You have some fantastic books to read. I hope you will enjoy Divergent. I haven't finished it yet but so far I have a feeling it will be my favorite book of 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so going to have to get Divergent, I keep seeing it everywhere and it just makes me wish I had it all the more. =)

    Happy reading.

    Orchid
    The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!