Sunday, June 26, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (June 26, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This is what I added to my massive TBR stack this week:


For Review:
I was approached by a publicist for Entangled Publishing and asked if I would read some of their new books. I chose Luck of the Devil by Patricia Eimer which is a young adult paranormal about the rebellious daughter of the devil and Ward Against Death by Melanie Card which is about a reluctant necromancer in a fantasy world asked to bring a nobleman's daughter back from death. I got these at NetGalley.

After hearing good things about it, I also asked at NetGalley for Spellbound by Cara Lynn Schultz. This one is about star-crossed lovers and a tragic curse. It is also a contemporary that takes place at a fancy private school. It was a great book!

For my Kindle:
Haint Misbehavin' by Maureen Hardegree was a free offering for my Kindle this week. It is a middle grade novel. It is the start of a series about a young teen who is attracting ghosts who really mess up her life in middle school.

I also got Six Moon Summer by SM Reine is about a girl who has three months to find a cure or she becomes a werewolf forever. This one was well-reviewed on a blog I read and so I decided to add it to my stack.

Print Books:
I got The Vampire Stalker by Alison Van Diepen because I read a really positive review about it on a blog I follow. I liked the idea of a girl falling in love with the character in a book and then finding out that he was real.

Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey is her rendition of a Victoria Gothic. I like her contemporary Drake Chronicles and want to see how she handles this shift in genre. 

Those were my additions this week. What did you add to your TBR stack?

14 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the Vampire Stalker either. Isn't it awesome that the character in a book comes in life? Can't wait to see your thoughts toward it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard Spellbound is pretty good, and I thought the Vampire Stalker was a fun, quick read. :-) Can't wait to see your review of Ward Against Death!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh awesome IMM :D Haunting Violet sounds sooo good. I hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm usually not a fan of vampire books but The Vampire Stalker sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Mailbox! I'm off to NetGalley to see if those title are still available! The Vampire Stalker sounds good, too! Thanks for visiting my Mailbox! (And yes, you must read Deanna Raybourn!) Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 Spellbound!!
    I ordered Haunting Violet and The Vampire Stalker this week, not here yet though ;)
    Great week!!

    Here's my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spellbound was really good and I really want to read The Vampire Stalker. Enjoy your new books!!

    Old follower
    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my IMM! I just finished Haunting Violet this week- it has a very gothic atmosphere. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice mailbox! I've got Spellbound in my TBR list, and am starting to hear good things about The Vampire Stalker. Happy reading!

    Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got a great selection of books this week!

    I hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set! I especially want to read The Vampire Stalker and Haunting Violet.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab books this week. I'm really looking forward to reading Haunting Violet. Hope you enjoy all of your books! You can see what I got in my mailbox here.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!