Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Spellbound by Cara Lynn Schultz

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! 
Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I just started reading Spellbound by Cara Lynn Schultz. I got it for review from Harlequin Teen via NetGalley.  Harlequin Teen is a pretty new imprint and definitely one to watch. I have enjoyed all of the books I have read. The cover for this one wouldn't have been enough to draw me in but I have read a number of great reviews on blogs I follow.


Here the product description for Spellbound:
Life hasn't been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Conner, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But the posh Upper East Side prep school she has to attend? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she's irresistibly drawn to—Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks and the richest kid in school, who might just be her very own white knight.

But even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can't stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps go out wherever she walks, and Emma's been having the oddest dreams: visions of herself in past lives—visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else.
Teaser:
She just shook her head and pulled out a small bottle of some random pop star's signature perfume, spritzing me with the sickly-sweet smell.

"Oh, come on, Ash, that smells like a unicorn fart," I cried, recoiling at the overpowering, candylike smell.
Don't you just have to love a character that can even think like that let alone say it? I'm still chuckling.

7 comments:

  1. That cover is gorgeous. I may have to buy the book just so that I can look at it.

    My teaser this week is from ‘My One and Only’ by Kristan Higgins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading this, great teaser!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. Happy Reading! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL How would she know what a unicorn fart smells like?!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently reading Spellbound also and absolutely LOVE it. I love her humor so much.

    Also, thanks for checking out my blog!

    Preet
    A Written Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I loved the second line. I'm adding this one to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one added to my TBR list already lol.

    http://booksandbarks.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-kittys-big-trouble-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really should read this one!
    Great teaser.
    Thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!