Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today I am reading The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. I have never read this YA series even though I love Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. I decided now was the perfect time to try this YA paranormal.
I wondered whether they had books about his sort of thing. Fifty Ways to Tell the Living from the Dead Before You Wind Up in a Padded Room. Yep, I'm sure the library carried that one. 
I am enjoying the story so far and wondering when I will see some connection to the Women of the Otherworld series. I hope I do.

15 comments:

  1. I think it's funny. I laughed. Great Teaser.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Good one! Haven't read this in awhile, but totally loved it! Was one of the first YA paranormals I read, remember because I was skeptical about reading YA again, but not I read equal amounts YA and "adult".

    My teaser will be up later today. Got a little behind on my posts yesterday due to relatives in town!

    Be sure to stop by this afternoon!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I'm always drawn to books with necklaces on the front...

    My teaser this week is from ‘Reunion in Death’ by J.D. Robb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, great teaser!

    My Teaser Tuesday is from Stay by Deb Caletti. Happy Reading! Jen @ A Reader's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had an oops moment before...

    I haven't read her YA series yet, just Women of the Otherworld. Great teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by our site.

    http://underthecoversbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this one.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved these books! Hmmm... Maybe after I read the Lords of the Underworld, I might re-read these! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good, thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this book! Great pick for the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, let us know if that book shows up at the library. Fun teaser.

    Margot @ Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard good things about Armstrong and I do like those covers... even though they have no abs of steel ;P

    PS Divergent is relentlessly keeping me up with bags under the eyes. I just finished it and have only one word... "OMG!" Completely worth the bed head look at work ;P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the teaser - hope the drive went well and you are home safe! Happy reading. See you in July.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read this yet but I want to. Fantastic teaser! You never know, libraries carry all kinds of books...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!