Sunday, July 3, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (July 3, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.
I added 5 books to my TBR mountain this week but didn't spend any money. My most recent Amazon Vine books arrived. This month a chose a middle grade graphic novel that I had heard about and a young adult vampire novel that was completely new to me.
Squish: Super Amoeba by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm is the first in a new series of middle grade graphic novels from the creators of Babymouse. Babymouse is very popular in my elementary media center and Squish looks like it will be good for my younger boys. 

Jane Jones: Worst. Vampire. Ever. by Caissie St. Onge is a different take on vampires. Our heroine is stuck forever as a gawky, sixteen-year-old nerd who just so happens to be blood intolerant. This one goes for the humor but I saw horror too. Imagine being an awkward sixteen forever!
I won Graveminder by Melissa Marr from Karen at For What It's Worth. This is one I have seen around and been eager to read. Thanks for drawing my name, Karen!

I also added a couple of free books to my Kindle this week.
I downloaded a copy of Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa this week. It was free at Amazon. I had previously downloaded a copy to Adobe Digital Editions but I like the portability of having the story on my Kindle better. 

I also got Sleight: Book One of the AVRA-K by Jennifer Sommersby when it was free. It is currently $2.99 in the Kindle Store. It sounded like an interesting story because it combines the circus, ghosts, and romance. 

That is what I got this week. What did you get in your mailbox?


14 comments:

  1. I love the cover for Summer's Crossing and for Slight. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squish is on my list of books to obtain this summer. Worst Vampire sounds like fun! Sorta begs comparison to Fat Vampire. But stuck at a gawky age may be where the comparison ends. I love the blood-intolerant angle.

    Happy reading. Looking forward to the reviews.

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! Sleight looks great. Worst Vampire Ever sounds fun.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome IMM this week! Really want to read Graveminder. I'll be waiting for reviews! :)

    My IMM is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleight sounds really interesting. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific book week. Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graveminder looks so good. I have yet to read Summers Crossing, I'm super exicted too. Enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of many of the titles you got this week but they look like a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy them all!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Graveminder was really good! Hope you like it! I also ended up getting Summer's Crossing for my Kindle awhile back when it was free. I had it for adobe as well, but wanted it on my Kindle!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books this week. Sleight looks good am off to check it out.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking to get my MS son reading this summer. I'm going to have to give Squish a try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great mailbox!
    My copy of Graveminder is still in the mail and I'm waiting until The Iron Queen comes out here before I read Summer's Crossing, but it's already on my eReader :)

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  13. Squish sounds interesting -- I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!