Sunday, July 31, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (July 31, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

Talk about Christmas in July! I hadn't realized how many books I had pre-ordered that were to be published on July 26 until the packages started arriving. I think I got new books every day this week.

Here they are:
I hadn't really heard much about Wildefire by Karsten Knight until I started to see it all over the blogosphere. I had to jump on the bandwagon and get myself a copy too.

Shadows on the Moon by Zoe Marriott arrived this week too. I had this one on my Amazon wishlist for months but Amazon never got it. I finally ordered a copy from The Book Depository after I saw still another great review.
Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep got on my radar because I read the first in her Elemental Assassins series and loved her style. I had to try her young adult book.

I have been waiting for Supernaturally by Kiersten White since I finished Paranormalcy. I can not wait to see what Evie gets up to next.
Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer is another book that I have been waiting for since I finished the last page of its predecessor - Nightshade. 

I got a Kindle copy of Thirteenth Child by Patricia C. Wrede because I wanted to read it again before I read Wrede's latest - Across the Great Barrier. It was as entertaining and engaging this time as it was the first time I read it.
I chose Dragon's Tooth by N. D. Wilson as my Amazon Vine pick for this month. It sounded like something I would enjoy.

I also got a free copy of First Frost by Jennifer Estep for my Kindle because it goes with Touch of Frost.

Those were my new arrivals this week. What did you get in your mailbox?

20 comments:

  1. Seeing lots of Wolfsbanes and Supernaturallys! I got those too!

    Happy Reading! Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supernaturally, now that sounds like a grat sequel. I absolutely loved Paranormalcy.

    Happy reading. =)

    Orchid
    The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good stuff this week. I've heard so many good things about Wildefire. I really want to get that one. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Touch of Frost and Wolfsbane. We've had Thirteenth Child sitting on the book shelf forever and still haven't read it yet - must get on it!

    Check out our Mailbox at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want Wildefire!!
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read Wildfire and Wolfsbane so much! I'm so jealous you got them! I hope you enjoy everything you got! Here's my IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 0o0o You've got a bunch of awesome reads this week (a few that I've read and enjoyed). Have fun!
    Here's my IMM: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox18.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wildefire and Supernaturally rocked! All the cover in your mailbox look gorgeous :)

    Enjoy your books!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set! I got Wolfsbane too. I really want to read Supernaturally and Wildefire.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great mailbox! I wish I received a book everyday of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to read Shadows on the Moon and I look forward to your review of it. Like you, I will probably have to get it from Book Depository.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this IMM! I've already Wolfsbane and it is fantastic. So good. And I'm pumped about Supernaturally and Wildefire. Eee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read Supernaturally, I loved the first book, and I love the sound of Wildefire too! Great books this week, happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lot of great books this week. I'm adding several to my "to read" pile.

    Thanks for visiting!

    Happy reading!

    Crys
    Wannabe Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome books here! I'm looking forward to reading quite a few of them too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We do have very similar mailboxes ;) I need to go get First Frost before I forget!
    Thanks for stopping by My Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! good titles! I'm looking forward to Supernaturally - already reserved a copy. I'm just waiting for the bookstore people to contact me! And Wildefire! Wasn't able to finish it via S&S Galley Grab. I needed more time. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to get copies of "Wildfire" and "Wolfsbane". Currently reading "Paranormalcy" so will be running out to get a copy of "Supernaturally" very soon as I'm loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not read these books, but I hope you enjoy them all! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!