Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! 
Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



My teaser is from the eARC of Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough. This is the sequel to Once a Witch and will be published on Aug. 1, 2011.


Here is the product description from Amazon:
Since the gripping conclusion of Once a Witch, Tamsin Greene has been haunted by her grandmother’s prophecy that she will soon be forced to make a crucial decision—one so terrible that it could harm her family forever. When she discovers that her enemy, Alistair Knight, went back in time to Victorian-era New York in order to destroy her family, Tamsin is forced to follow him into the past. Stranded all alone in the nineteenth century, Tamsin soon finds herself disguised as a lady’s maid in the terrifying mansion of the evil Knight family, avoiding the watchful eye of the vicious matron, La Spider, and fending off the advances of Liam Knight. As time runs out, both families square off in a thrilling display of magic. And to her horror, Tamsin finally understands the nature of her fateful choice.
Teaser: 
The doorbell chimes softly and I look up to see Gabriel stepping into the store. Okay, I know it's lame, but my heart still dies this weird fluttery thing sometimes when I see him, when the afternoon sunlight is hitting his cheekbones the way it is right now, when he smiles at me -- that smile that makes me feel safe and not so safe at the same time, when he gives me that look that spells out, I know you, Tamsin Greene. I know exactly who you are. 

7 comments:

  1. Ooh...great teaser. Sounds like a good read!
    Mine: Summer in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhhhhhh sounds awesome!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not lame at all, totally sweet ;) This is coming up on my TBR soon, I'm excited!

    Thanks for visiting My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very attractive teaser. Makes me want to know what happens when he gets right up to her.

    My teaser is here: Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good teaser. I just finished Always a Witch this morning.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!