Sunday, August 14, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (August 14, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I finally had the slow week that I have been wishing for all summer. I just added three books to my TBR stack this week. I got two free books for my Kindle and one book to complete a series.
I have never read anything by Michael Grant. So when I saw that The Magnificent 12: The Call (with bonus material) was available for my Kindle, I decided to give it a try.

I have also never read anything by Tim Green even though I know he is popular with my high school students. When I saw that Football Genius (also with bonus material) was free now, I had to add it to my never-ending TBR mountain too. 

I had pre-ordered The Margrave by Catherine Fisher right after I read The Dark City. This is book four and now completes the series and I have to find time to sit down and read the last three books. I have only read The Dark City so far. I want to read this set before I donate it to my HS Media Center. (I still have 23 days before my students begin school again.)

That was my mailbox this week. What did you get in yours?

11 comments:

  1. Oh I forgot to put these books in my IMM this week. I downloaded them free on my Nook. I did so more for the boys in my 6th grade class than for me to read them myself though. I have 5 Nooks for my classroom that the students can check out and I'm always looking high and low for good boy books to put on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of those either! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week! I hope that you enjoy them!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of those, but they look good! I hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set! I've especially been wanting to read the Relic Master books.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cool set of reads. So how's Wolfsbane so far??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also got Michael Grant's book but forgot to add it to my IMM post! xD


    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice books! I've never heard of any of the titles, but I hope you enjoy reading them. Happy reading! :)

    My IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got a nice list of books this week in your mailbox.
    I hope you like your new books,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice stack!

    New follower!

    Check out Sash's IMM!
    Also check out our GREAT giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really - 23 days!!!! Did you have to say that out loud and everything! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!