Sunday, August 21, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (August 21, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

One lonely short story for my Kindle is my entire mailbox this week. I got Dream Dark: A Beautiful Creatures Story by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I am a fan of the series and want to have everything.

Here is the description:
When Link joined his best friend, Ethan Wate, on a quest through a mysterious network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, he knew the journey would be dangerous. But returning home to Gatlin, South Carolina was just the beginning...

Wounded during a climactic battle, Link discovers that tending his injuries won't be as simple as visiting a doctor and that healing his arm should be the least of his worries. For being bitten by a Supernatural does more than break the skin -- it changes a person, inside and out, turning Link into someone more and more like the dark creature who injured him.

In this never-before-seen short story by New York Times bestselling authors Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, listeners witness Link's heart-racing transformation. Dream Dark is set before the much-anticipated third Beautiful Creatures novel, Beautiful Chaos, and as a special bonus includes an exclusive sneak peek at the first five chapters.
I am eager for Beautiful Chaos and can't wait to get to the sneak peek.

That was my week. What was in your mailbox?


5 comments:

  1. I got Dream Dark but haven't started reading it yet. I do love that series and can't wait to read Beautiful Chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least you didn't come out empty handed! And short stories can be fun too!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read Beautfiul Creatures/Darkness. I have them on my shelf, just haven't read them yet. I hear nothing but great things, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get this one, I'm also excited for Beautiful Chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have her first 2 books collecting dust.. I know I know.. I have to read them... seems to be the story of my life.. collecting books like a hoarder... HELP! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!