Sunday, August 7, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (August 7, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I thought that this was going to be a quiet week. However....

I received two books for review:
A Beautiful Friendship by David Weber -- I was so excited to be able to choose this one as one of my Amazon Vine picks this month. I love his Honor Harrington series and takes place in the some world. I even featured this book on my Waiting on Wednesday post a while ago. The book will be published in October but it will be hard to let this one wait its turn in my review stack.

The Friendship Doll by Kirby Larson was also an Amazon Vine pick. I loved Hattie Big Sky but haven't read anything else by her. I have already finished this one and thought it was excellent middle grade historical fiction. This one came out on May 10.

I also couldn't pass up these free books for my Kindle even though I have no idea when I will get a chance to read them:
Elliot and the Goblin War by Jennifer Nelson sounds like a great middle grade fantasy.

Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren sounded like a nice time travel story with some romance too.

Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways by Tracy Hall got me with the title. I had to add this one to my stack. It has high school, romance, and magic.

That's it for me this week. What did you get in your mailbox?

13 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of these, hope you love 'em!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Martin! I got Waterfall too. Just an hour ago. :) I've read amazing reviews about it and I can't wait to start. Happy reading!

    Here's my IMM post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing what you think of Waterfall. I've read good things about it so far, but still haven't picked up a copy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested in The Friendship Doll. I've been hearing good things about it. At ALA Annual, I dropped in on a panel of Newbery winning authors talking about their newest work and heard Kirby speak of her journey with The Friendship Doll.

    Happy Reading!

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool books this week. The Friendship Doll looks really interesting! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Waterfall so much! Here's my complete fangirly review if you're interested. Cascade is even better! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of many of these books! The Friendship Doll looks great though, that cover is beautiful!
    I'm such a sucker for lovely covers.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Friendship Dool looks good. I loooved Waterfall and now can't wait to read book 3 in the series!

    Check out our Mailbox at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got Waterfall too but forgot to mention it in my IMM. I have to get caught up on my e-book reading too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been seeing Waterfall so many times today that I had to look it up! Sounds interesting! =) Enjoy!!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard of any of those, but I might need to take a closer look! :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!