Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Between the Land and the Sea by Derrolyn Anderson

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I was recently asked to review two new books by self-published author Derrolyn Anderson. They are young adult novels described by the author as "sweet romantic suspense with a touch of the supernatural." They sounded interesting and I had a gap in my review schedule that they would fit into. 
Between the Land and the Sea is the first story. In it Marina, stops globe trotting with her professor father and goes to a small beach community in northern California to live with her Aunt and cousin for her senior year of high school. She makes friends and enemies, learns what high school is like, finds a boyfriend, and makes interesting discoveries about the mother she never knew.


The second book is The Moon and the Tide. This one has Marina further exploring the discoveries she made in the first book and discovers some powerful enemies. 


I am enjoying both books so far and think young adult readers who like romance and the supernatural would enjoy them too.


My teaser is from Between the Land and the Sea:
Her smooth pale skin sparkled like fish scales and she was completely unselfconscious about her bare breasts. There was something wild and feral about her as she moved amongst the sea lions, who were nudging her hands like a litter of puppies vying for her attention.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a winner there. Hope your enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think dolphins and other not so wild animals bring out the playful, wild spirit in us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about YA but they do sound good.

    My teaser this week is from ‘Redemption’ by Laurel Dewey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...this sounds interesting. I came across these books recently and meant to check them out on Goodreads but never did. Thank you for the reminder and thank you for visiting my TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. The author used wonderful imagery - I could see her in my mind. Sounds like they are interesting books. Thanks for stopping by http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these novels sound fantastic! Can’t wait to read them now. ;-)

    ~Sherry

    Sherry Soule Official Website

    Author of the Spellbound Series

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!