Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Dragon's Tooth by N. D. Wilson

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The book I am teasing from this week is The Dragon's Tooth by N. D. Wilson. I recently chose this book from the Amazon Vine program. It sounded like an intriguing middle grade fantasy. Here is the product description:
For two years, Cyrus and Antigone Smith have run a sagging roadside motel with their older brother, Daniel. Nothing ever seems to happen. Then a strange old man with bone tattoos arrives, demanding a specific room.

Less than 24 hours later, the old man is dead. The motel has burned, and Daniel is missing. And Cyrus and Antigone are kneeling in a crowded hall, swearing an oath to an order of explorers who have long served as caretakers of the world's secrets, keepers of powerful relics from lost civilizations, and jailers to unkillable criminals who have terrorized the world for millennia. 
Here is the teaser from page 47:
The old man stared at the end of his cigarette. "People say you can't run from Death." He shook his head. "People lie. Running's all you can do, kid. Run like Hell's on your heels, because it is. And if you're still running, well, then you're still alive."

20 comments:

  1. Interesting quote. I'll watch for your review!
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser, interesting view to have not entirely wrong either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that sounds mysterious!! What an awesome teaser!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sort of reminds me of Treasure Island (at least the outer space movie version).

    My teaser this week is from ‘Drop Dead Divas’ by Virginia Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your teaser!

    My Teaser Tuesday is from The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. Happy Reading! Jen @ A Reader's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! :0)

    http://tracyshappybookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-august-23-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That is intense!

    Here's mine:

    http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/teaser-tuesday-aug-23/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intersting quote!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)
    Have a nice week.

    Carla
    Library Mosaic

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite teaser I have read so far! Very alluring and makes me want to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! This sounds like a book my son would love. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of this before. Good teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this novel before! Looks good. Great teaser:)

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-august-23rd-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S I'm brand new to your blog! I now follow:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser! I look forward to your review of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's a great one! I hope you're enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting tease.

    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not too crazy about MG but this sounds like a great boy book. Thanks for the teaser!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!