Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Vanish by Sophie Jordan

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I just got the eARC of Vanish by Sophie Jordan from NetGalley. This is a sequel to Firelight and is one of the few dragon books in the young adult genre. This book will be published on September 6 according to Amazon and August 17 according to NetGalley. It deals with bitter rivalries and deadly choices.

Teaser:
I can't move as I watch her, both beautiful and terrifying with her shimmery skin, her hair leached of all pigment. She lifts her slim arms. Mist rushes over us like fast-burning smoke.
I can't wait to find out what happens next for Jacinda.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome and totally matches the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I can't believe that didn't sound good at first glance - I'm going to need to try again!

    My teaser this week is from ‘His Favorite Mistress’ by Tracy Anne Warren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser!! Read this one with NetGalley awhile back! Loved it! Think I even remember this part!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohh, good one! Firelight was OK for me. Haven't decided yet if I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, so love that teaser from Vanish. I should dtop procrastinating and read Firelight one of these days. =)

    Orchid
    The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing a ton of people post stuff about this book and it makes me want to read it really badly! Great teaser!

    Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so great when you find a series that you love. So glad this one is working well for you.

    My teaser is here: Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  9. Intriguing! Another good read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an ARC of this one and still need to read Firelight! That's a great tease! Makes me want to read it soon!
    Thanks for stopping by My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good choice!

    My TT http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this book to read from Net Galley, but first I have to read Firelight! It really sounds good though!
    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-falling-hard-by-jk-coi.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!