Sunday, September 18, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (Sept. 18, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



This week I added three books to my massive TBR stack. Two of them were books for review and the other was a sequel to a book I reviewed earlier.
The Fate of the Muse by Derrolyn Anderson is the third in the author's self-published series - Marina's Tales. It is a paranormal romance featuring mermaids. She emailed me and asked if I would like to read the third book. I did enjoy the first two and wanted to know what came next for Marina. I got this book at Smashwords.

Dark Passage is the sequel to Dark Mirror and continues the adventures of this magic-using, time-traveling Regency teens. I liked the first story and needed to know what came next.

Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs has intrigued me since I first heard about it. When I had a chance to get it through Amazon Vine, I couldn't resist. I like the mixing of the contemporary with characters out of Greek myth. And I also love the cover. 

Those were my additions this week. What did you get?

9 comments:

  1. Nice! I keep going back and forth with Sweet Venom, so I'll look forward to your review to see if it's a read for me! Happy Reading!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in Sweet Venom too, but can't decide on it yet, so looking forward to your review! :) Enjoy your reading!
    My IMM
    http://nocturnalbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Venom has been a hot book lately. Can't wait to see what you think. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have started seeing Sweet Venom popping up around the blogosphere recently and it looks like a good one! Will keep an eye out for your review. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab books this week! Sweet Venom looks great, hope you enjoy it. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to check out Sweet Venom. The title and cover don't match in my opinion and for some reason that made me not interested. But I've seen SO many people talking about this book that I'm just going to have to check it out!

    Here's my IMM: Goldilox and the Three Weres IMM

    Goldilox :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many people have Sweet Venom this week and I'm so jealous! I'm dying to read it but I'm waiting till after my bday to buy it. Can't wait to see what you think -- I hope you love it! It sounds awesome -- mythology is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great IMM this week, I can't wait to read Sweet Venom sometime. =]
    Here is My IMM this week. http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox9-awesomeness-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I really want to read Sweet Venom! Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!