Sunday, September 4, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (Sept. 4, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

Lots of the books I have been waiting for arrived this week.
I have been waiting for Bloodlines by Richelle Mead since May. I attended an author signing and heard her read the first chapter. I have been eager to find out what happens next ever since.

I have heard good things about Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore and decided to add it to my stack too.

I have also been collecting the Sweep omnibus editions in the hopes of collecting the whole series. I added volume 4 this week.
I also got two books from the Amazon Vine program this week.

I got The Medusa Plot by Gordon Korman which is the first book in the Cahills vs Vespers portion of the 39 Clues series. I think the 39 Clues books are excellent for middle graders and am curious about this new series.

Eve by Anna Carey is yet another dystopia. This one takes place eighteen years after a deadly virus has wiped  out most of the Earth's population. 

That was my haul this week. What did you get in your mailbox?

9 comments:

  1. I loved Bloodlines even though at first I was hesitant to read it. Eve is one I am thinking about requesting. I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Bloodline!

    I've read one of The 39 Clues book and that series is awesome.

    Happy Reading!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my copy of Bloodlines too! I got sooo many good books this week I'm overwhelmed with where to start!

    Happy Reading! Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. texas gothic looks awesome! great mailbox--enjoy all your books this week :)

    i hope you can stop by our IMM this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bloodlines! It's so, so good. Definitely lived up to my expectations, although Jill annoyed me. Enjoy!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices! Quite a few of these books are on my TBR list. I can't wait to read them!

    Also, I’m a new follower (I stopped by your other blog too)! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, Texas Gothic sounds like an incredible read. Actually they all sound like great books.

    Happy reading. =)

    Orchid
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eve looks great! I haven't heard of it yet, but I'm all about dystopia. The future looks bleak according to almost every one; oh well.

    Check out my IMM:
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-2.html

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard a lot about 'Eve' and I really want to read this one. Hope you enjoy it!
    Kim @ Time 2 Read

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!