Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I just got a copy of Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs through the Amazon Vine program and I am really enjoy this story. Here is the product description:
Grace just moved to San Francisco and is excited to start over at a new school. The change is full of fresh possibilities, but it’s also a tiny bit scary. It gets scarier when a minotaur walks in the door. And even more shocking when a girl who looks just like her shows up to fight the monster.

Gretchen is tired of monsters pulling her out into the wee hours, especially on a school night, but what can she do? Sending the minotaur back to his bleak home is just another notch on her combat belt. She never expected to run into this girl who could be her double, though.

Greer has her life pretty well put together, thank you very much. But that all tilts sideways when two girls who look eerily like her appear on her doorstep and claim they’re triplets, supernatural descendants of some hideous creature from Greek myth, destined to spend their lives hunting monsters.

These three teenage descendants of Medusa, the once-beautiful Gorgon maligned in myth, must reunite and embrace their fates in this unique paranormal world where monsters lurk in plain sight.
I haven't met Greer yet. My teaser is Grace's self-assessment:
I'm tired of being the gutless doormat. It's time I found a spine and figured out how to use it.

12 comments:

  1. I often tell myself the same thing! Great teaser:)

    Now come let me Tease You! And while your there stop on by the release party and enter to win Vampire Wake Prize Packs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good.

    My teaser this week is from ‘Once Upon a Groom’ by Karen Rose Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed we all have that moment, never comes soon enough though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this teaser! Sooo great. :) I'll definitely need to get a copy of this soon.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I keep debating about this one!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sound good. I hope you enjoy(ed) it! My teaser: Sense and Sensibility

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that teaser! This book was such a fun read :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great teaser! I can't wait to read this book.

    My TT, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome teaser!!

    My Teaser Tuesday is from Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. Happy Reading! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was one of my favorite lines in Sweet Venom! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! Sometimes I feel like that.


    My TT: A Touch of Crimson by Sylvia Day

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!