Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Wisdom's Kiss by Catherine Gilbert Murdock

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I recently received a copy of Wisdom's Kiss by Catherine Gilbert Murdock for review from NetGalley. I had read Princess Ben and thought it was OK and I was willing to give Murdock another try. This one takes place  in the same world and has a unique style. It is told from a variety of viewpoints and consists of diary entries, encyclopedia entries, letters, a play and a couple of books written well after the events of the story.

Keep in mind that my teaser is from the eARC and may be different in the final form of the book.

Teaser:
The history of the Empire of Lax would not be complete without the chronicles of its most revered pets: the elkhound Steadfast, whose life was immortalized in the ten opera Paws of Honor (performed only once); the poodle Brownie, who in mistaking approaching soldiers for tree squirrels alerted Castle Underjoy to the imminent attack; the Pekingese Darling,  who inspired the foundation of the Darling College for Women in Gebuhr. None of these canines, however, matches the cat Escoffier, the only animal ever to be awarded the Medal of Lax for service to the Empire.

6 comments:

  1. Fantasy is a new genre for me. Making progress.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I have an egalley of this one too. Nice teaser.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-35.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!