Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WoW: Seizure by Kathy Reichs

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for.

I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!

Coming on Oct. 18 is Seizure by Kathy Reichs. This follows her debut YA - Virals - and continues the story. Here is the product description:
The second novel in the Virals trilogy from #1 bestselling author and inspiration for the TV series Bones - Kathy Reichs!

Ever since Tory Brennan and her friends rescued Cooper, a kidnapped wolf pup with a rare strain of canine parvovirus, they've turned from regular kids into a crime-solving pack! But now the very place that brought them together - the Loggerhead Island Research Institute - is out of funding and will have to shut down. That is, unless the Virals can figure out a way to save it!

So when Tory learns of an old Charleston legend about a famous she-pirate, Anne Bonney, whose fortune was never found, she can't believe her luck - buried treasure is exactly what she needs to save the Institute on Loggerhead! Trouble is, she and her friends aren't the only ones looking for it. And this time, the Virals' special powers may not be enough to dig them out of trouble . . .
While I didn't think the first book was perfect, I did find it enjoyable. I am eager to see what happens next in this story.

4 comments:

  1. OOh love that cover! Haven't read the first one though, but it looks awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful cover :) I have Virals on my shelf waiting for me to read.. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

    Sarah
    That Bookish Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be warned indeed! I find so many good ones each week...thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I really just didn't enjoy Virals. It didn't stand out to me as anything phenomenal. It's good, but I didn't think it was great.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!