Sunday, October 16, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (Oct. 16, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



I received a variety of books this week. I couple only briefly touched down before I donated them to my High School Media Center.
I won a copy of All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin from Sarah at YA Librarian Tales. I had already read and reviewed the ARC and knew my students would like this one.

I also won two copies of Dreamland by Alyson Noel. I won one from Misty at The Book Rat and the other from Beth at A Foodie Bibliophile in Wanderlust. I kept one at home to read and review but took the other one to work with me. I have a number of middle schoolers who are following this series.

I bought a couple of print books this week.
I chose Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions because it has stories by so many authors that I already like. 

My second print book was The Fences Between Us by Kirby Larson. It is a Dear America book. I have liked the other two books I read by Kirby Larson (Hattie Big Sky and The Friendship Doll) and was eager to read this Japanese Internment story.

I also added a free book to my Kindle. This was totally an impulse download. I haven't read anything else in the series but also have a couple more on my Kindle.

The last book I got this week was one for review. I have just been glancing at the Simon & Shuster GalleyGrab newsletters because my Review book stack is so high. But I couldn't pass up this one:
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting. I have heard so much about this one that I can hardly wait to read it.

That was my week. What was in your mailbox?





7 comments:

  1. Lovely mailbox! I've also had The Pledge and can't wait to read it, and downloaded few freebies this week :) Have a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about The Pledge.
    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! I enjoyed Enthralled and The Pledge! Hope you love all your new reads!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read All these Things I've Done and Dreamland, congrats on winning them! *jealous* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pledge is one of the best books I have read this year! I can't wait to see what you think of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Enthralled a few weeks ago! I can't wait to read it. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to get my hands on The Pledge. Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

    The Dear America diary series really takes me back. I loved it in middle school. You're so sweet to give them straight to the library. I know those high school students appreciate their new selection!

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-5.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!