Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Eve by Anna Carey

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I recently received an ARC of Eve by Anna Carey from the Amazon Vine program. This piece of the product description is what hooked me on the book: 
In this epic new series, Anna Carey imagines a future that is both beautiful and terrifying. Readers will revel in Eve’s timeless story of forbidden love and extraordinary adventure.
My teaser is from the end of Chapter One.
But as I turned back to the windowless building on the other side of the compound, I couldn't stop my hands from trembling, or the bitter vomit of jungle berries from spewing out of my mouth. I got sick there, in the dirt, a single thought consuming me: What if Arden was right?

12 comments:

  1. Ooooh, right about what? I hope he's not right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh that is interesting! See this book around quite a bit lately! Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific teaser.... as always!! You need to stop!! I can't handle my tbr pile because of you!!

    My teaser this week is from ‘Divided In Death’ by J. D. Robb

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many questions to ask after reading that teaser. Great choice.

    My teaser

    Chosen - My Teaser

    MichelleKCanada @AnotherLookBook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! I wonder what Arden was right about? Here's my TT: http://www.2readornot2read.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-october-11-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh great teaser! Really makes you wonder what is happening!

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-and-guest-post-by-denise.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo great teaser! I will have to add this one to my TBR list!! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great teaser for this book! I have already read it and I loved it I hope you enjoy it also. Here's my teaser for A Need So Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read this one. Great teaser!
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  10. A cliffy teaser! I hope this book is really good. I keep seeing this one around, I might need to check this out too.
    Thank you for your visit!

    April
    Books4Juliet's Teaser

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!