Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WoW: Brotherband Chronicles: The Outcasts by John Flanagan

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.


The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for.


I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!


I was disappointed when John Flanagan's Ranger's Apprentice series came to an end. But I was excited when I heard that he was planning a new series. The time has finally nearly arrived for Brotherband Chronicles: The Outlaws to me published. My wait will end on November 1.


Here is the product description:
They are outcasts. Hal, Stig, and the others - they are the boys the others want no part of. Skandians, as any reader of Ranger's Apprentice could tell you, are known for their size and strength. Not these boys. Yet that doesn't mean they don't have skills. And courage - which they will need every ounce of to do battle at sea against the other bands, the Wolves and the Sharks, in the ultimate race. The icy waters make for a treacherous playing field . . . especially when not everyone thinks of it as playing. John Flanagan, author of the international phenomenon Ranger's Apprentice, creates a new cast of characters to populate his world of Skandians and Araluens, a world millions of young readers around the world have come to know and admire. Full of seafaring adventures and epic battles, Book 1 of The Brotherband Chronicles is sure to thrill readers of Ranger's Apprentice while enticing a whole new generation just now discovering the books.
I hope this appeals to the same audience that loved the Ranger's Apprentice books. I know it appeals to me!

3 comments:

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!