Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WoW: Fetching by Kiera Stewart

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for.

I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!

I have been hearing about this book for a while and think it sounds so incredibly cute - Fetching by Kiera Stewart.

Here is the product description:
Olivia has just about had it with the popular kids at school. She and her friends have done nothing to deserve humiliating pranks and mean name-calling, but that doesn’t stop queen bee Brynne from tormenting them. If only Olivia’s classmates were more like the dogs she helps her grandmother train—poorly behaved, but improvable. Then Olivia hatches a brilliant plan: she and her friends will modify their tormentors’ behavior with the same kind of training that works on dogs. Using cues and responses, distractions and rewards, gets better results than anyone could have guessed. Soon, Olivia and her friends have replaced Brynne as alpha-dogs. But will popularity get Olivia what she really wants?
I don't read much contemporary young adult literature. But I plan to make an exception for this one.

3 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this one, but love the cover! While our dogs are a pain in the you-know-what, I still think they're cute!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one actually sounds pretty good. I have to wonder how well it will work!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this does sound very interesting! I've never heard of it before!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!