Sunday, November 20, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (Nov. 20, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



I received four books this past week but only one of them is being added to my TBR mountain. Here is what I got:
I got a finished copy of The Pledge by Kimberly Derting. I recently read the eARC from Simon & Schuster Galley Grab and loved it enough that I had to buy a copy for my "keeper" shelf.

I also got a copy of Tyger, Tyger by Kersten Hamilton for my Kindle. I had read the ARC but didn't have a finished copy. Since the next book on my stack is the sequel to this title, I thought it would be good to have a copy of it. Also, the price was right. It was only $2.69 for a limited time.
The only addition to my TBR stack was The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff. I enjoyed her first book and loved the moody, atmospheric language. I look forward to reading this story too.


My last new arrival this week was a book I got for my students. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan is the second book in the Heroes of Olympus series. I haven't read the first one yet but my students were begging for this one. It went right to my High School Media Center for their enjoyment.


That was my week. What landed in your mailbox?

8 comments:

  1. You are so generous with your students!
    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mailbox! I really enjoyed The Pledge, and I've heard a lot of people praising Tyger Tyger. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your students are so lucky to have you! I am sure they must be thrilled about The Son of Neptune.

    I still need to read The Pledge. I started reading Tyger Tyger but never finished. I will have to pick it up again sometime. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! I enjoyed Tyger Tyger although I don't know if I'll read the sequel. I really want to read The Space Between.
    How are things in Minnesota? Even though I'm enjoying the weather in California, I really miss Minnesota.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! The Space Between sounds so good!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Tyger, Tyger and looking forward to reading the sequel! The Space Between sounds like another good one, as I really liked The Replacement. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read The Space Between! I hope you enjoy it!

    Here is my IMM

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!