Sunday, November 6, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (Nov. 6, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

Lots of interesting books arrived at my house this week. I got my most recent two from Amazon Vine.
I chose In the Forests of the Night by Kersten Hamilton because I read and liked Tyger, Tyger. I hope this one is as good. 

I also chose Circus Galacticus by Deva Fagan. I already have a copy of this from NetGalley but I am old-fashioned and still prefer reading an actual book.
After reading Matched, I had to get Crossed by Ally Condie to find out what happens next. Condie has created such an interesting world.

Also, Reckoning by Lili St. Crow came out and I have to keep up in that series too. This book is the finale of the series. 
John Flanagan has begun a new series that is also set in the world of his Ranger's Apprentice series. I had to get Brotherband Chronicles: The Outcasts to read and pass on to my adventure-loving male students at school. 

I was also fascinated with the blurb of Skyship Academy: The Pearl Wars by Nick James. This sounds like an interesting science fiction story.
The first book that arrived this week was Mastiff by Tamora Pierce. This is the book I have been waiting for the longest. I am eager to find out more about Beka Cooper in this fantasy novel.

That was my haul this week. What landed in your mailbox, shopping bag, or book bag?

8 comments:

  1. Oh nice stuff! The circus one sounds neat it seems to be a new trend, huh!?

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I also got Crossed. Can't wait to read it!
    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great IMM! I need to read Matched!!
    I was about to start but then I got distracted! My tbr list always defeats me.
    Just an old follower hopping by!
    Xo
    Check out My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Haven't read these, but hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very nice week. Great looking books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mailbox! I just finished Matched and can't wait to read Crossed to find out what happens next! Have In The Forests of the Night in my TBR pile and looking forward to that one as well. Enjoy!

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I just finished Reckoning by Lili St. Crow...incredible series ender!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAAh, Reckoning and Pearl Wars! I'm dying to read these books! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!