Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Circus Galacticus by Deva Fagan

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The ARC of Circus Galacticus by Deva Fagan just reached the top of my TBR stack and I am enjoying this middle grade fantasy. Here is the product description:
Trix can deal with being an orphan charity case at a snotty boarding school. She can hold her own when everyone else tells her not to dream big dreams. She can even fight back against the mysterious stranger in a silver mask who tries to steal the meteorite her parents trusted her to protect.

But her life is about to change forever. The Circus Galacticus has come to town, bringing acts to amaze, delight, and terrify. And now the dazzling but enigmatic young Ringmaster has offered Trix the chance to be a part of it.

Soon Trix discovers an entire universe full of deadly enemies and potential friends, not to mention space leeches, ancient alien artifacts, and exploding chocolate desserts. And she just might unravel the secrets of her own past if she can survive long enough.
Here is my teaser (about the school mean girl and Trix's nemesis):
I swear, if Della looked any more innocent she'd have forest creatures frolicking around her feet.
Why is it that bullies always seem to have the best innocent looks?

5 comments:

  1. Ha! Great teaser! This sounds like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would luv to have an exploding chocolate dessert. Enjoyed the Teasers except for the "leeches." yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! Sounds cool. I LOVE the cover:)

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-november-15th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Love this teaser! I'm going to check into this book for my reluctant reader. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!