Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Singled Out by Sara Griffiths

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Today I have an eARC from Bancroft Books via NetGalley. Singled Out by Sara Griffiths is a sports story with a female main character. Taylor has the opportunity to be the one of the first three girls to attend a private boys' school. She was offered the scholarship because she is an excellent baseball pitcher. The school will get her a chance to be noticed by college scouts if she can survive the bullying and harassment a clique at the school is dishing out. The two other girls are quickly forced to leave. One framed for theft and one left because of harassment by some boys.

Teaser:
"My dad always says everyone has to walk in their own shoes," I said, "which I translate as everybody has crap to deal with. It's just that different people have different crap."

Gabby half-laughed and said, "Never thought about it like that. You got a point, I guess."

9 comments:

  1. Nice teaser :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser ;) Seems like an interesting book :)
    Thank you so much for commenting on my teaser. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is certainly the truth. And you never know just what sort of crap someone else is dealing with.

    Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great book! Thanks for stopping by my blog! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true, nice teaser.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!