Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I just received the ARC of Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George from the Amazon Vine program. I really liked her Dragon Slippers series and thought that this one sounded like it would be a good fairy tale sort of story for middle graders too.

Here is the product description:
Tuesdays at Castle Glower are Princess Celie's favorite days. That's because on Tuesdays the castle adds a new room, a turret, or sometimes even an entire wing. No one ever knows what the castle will do next, and no one-other than Celie, that is-takes the time to map out the new additions. But when King and Queen Glower are ambushed and their fate is unknown, it's up to Celie, with her secret knowledge of the castle's never-ending twists and turns, to protect their home and save their kingdom. This delightful book from a fan- and bookseller-favorite kicks off a brand-new series sure to become a modern classic.
Teaser:
"Is that your room up there?" Pogue looked doubtfully at the spiraling staircase they had now passed twice. "I think this is the same staircase that was back there."

5 comments:

  1. I like the teaser. I like the cover, too. This does sound like a good addition to a classroom library.
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! Perfect title too for today!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, the Teaser takes my heart. Writing this one down on a list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this book a few times now and I think I will have to pick it up to read with my daughter :)

    Thank you for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! I'm going to have to check this book out. I'm a fan of the Dragon Slippers series as well. Here's a link to my TT post: http://www.2readornot2read.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-november-8-2011.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!