Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WoW: The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for.

I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!

I am looking forward to The Pledge by Kimberly Derting. It will be published on Nov. 15. I really liked The Body Finder and am curious to see how she does when she writes fantasy.

Here is the product description:
In the violent country of Ludania, the language you speak determines what class you are, and there are harsh punishments if you forget your place—looking a member of a higher class in the eye can result in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina (Charlie for short) can understand all languages, a dangerous ability she’s been hiding her whole life. Her only place of release is the drug-filled underground club scene, where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. There, she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy who speaks a language she’s never heard, and her secret is almost exposed. Through a series of violent upheavals, it becomes clear that Charlie herself is the key to forcing out the oppressive power structure of her kingdom….
It sounds like a great story to me. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. The Pledge is amazing! As much as I love The Body Finder series, I think this is Ms. Derting's best work yet. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of good things about this book!
    Awesome pick!
    Here's my WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! Read this on S&S Galley Grab awhile back and it was pretty good. Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this one too! I enjoyed her other books...so hopefully this one too. :) Great pick!


    Sarah
    Confessions of the UnPublished

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this one and it wasn't really my taste but a few of my friends have loved it.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to this as well! Can't wait for my copy to arrive :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!