Here is what the top of my entertainment center looked like on Dec. 22, 2011. Please note that these are mostly books that arrived after Aug. 31 with just a few holdovers that I didn't get to this past summer.
Unread books that are older than that have been moved to crates in my office or have been donated to my High School Media Center. Of course, donated books are no longer on my TBR mountain which is sort of cheating because I bought them and never got them read.
But Rose City Reader alerted me to two challenges that I just can't pass up.
My Reader's Block is hosting the Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2012. Check her blog for all the details. Here are the Challenge Levels:
- Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Vancouver: Read 25 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Ararat: Read 40 books from your TBR piles/s
- Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 50 books from your TBR pile/s
- El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Everest: Read 100+ books from your TBR pile/s
The second challenge I am signing up for is the Off the Shelf 2012 challenge hosted by Bookish Ardour. You can get all the details here.
Again, I am going to start small at the Make a Dint level (Shouldn't that be "dent"?) and hope to upgrade as the year goes on.
That is it for me. No more challenges! What challenges are your planning on taking on in 2012?