Sunday, December 18, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (Dec. 18, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



I added five books to my stack this week. Here are the ones I bought:
I saw Twilight: The Graphic Novel Volume 2 at the Scholastic Book Fair at our school this week but just couldn't face the $20 price tag. I bought my copy at Amazon for $9.99 though I see it is back to $11.20 today. I am not a huge fan of graphic novels but I do have volume 1 and felt I needed volume 2 to make my collection complete.

I also bought The Inquisitor's Apprentice by Chris Moriarty this week. I have heard such good things about this one that I just had to add it to my mountain of unread books. I like the idea of this alternate history novel of a New York with magic.
I also bought Pride's Run by Cat Kalen for my Kindle this week. It was the werewolves that convinced me. Cat Kalen also writes romances under two pen names (though I don't know what they are). That is what made me feel like taking a chance with this self-published novel. 


I also got a couple of books for my Kindle from the free bunch this week. I chose:
Portal by Imogen Rose is a time travel romance and it is also the first book in a series. I liked the concept and thought I would add this to my "read someday" pile. 

Indigo Blues by Danielle Joseph is a contemporary with an interesting concept. Indigo met and then dumped Adam. Only he was in a band and wrote a song about her. The song became a hit and now Indigo has lost her privacy.

Those are the ones I liked enough to add to my endless TBR stack What did you add to yours?

5 comments:

  1. Indigo Blues sounds interesting :)
    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh Pride's Run looks interesting! Will keep an eye out for your review!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pride's Run sounds/looks really interesting and yay for werewolves! :-) I actually really like the illustrations for the Twilight graphic novels and can't wait to see what they do with the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the Twilight Graphic novel yet but the illustrations are pretty. I am not a big graphic novel reader either. My favorite is Persepolis which I think is not typical for graphic novels. I still have yet to read any manga and I am terrible at selecting it for my library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, The Inquisitor's Apprentice looks like my kind of reading material - kind of reminded me though of the Nicholas Flamel book as well (I have book 1, but haven't read through it yet). Do drop me a line once you have your review up for this book. Enjoy your new finds!

    Here's my IMM:
    http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2011/12/18/in-my-mailbox-27-more-book-sales-and-novels-in-verse-from-singapore-libraries/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!