Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's My Bloggy Birthday

I began this blog on Dec. 30, 2009 with modest goals. I just wanted to talk about the good books I was reading. I had no idea if anyone would ever find my blog and care about what I had to say.

I had been blogging at Inside of a Dog since Jan. 24, 2008. I began that blog as part of a project to learn to use Web 2.0 tools. After the project, the blog sort of languished until I decided that it would make a good forum for talking about the books I was reading. I began writing my thoughts about the adult and young adult books I read and discovered the whole community of book bloggers.

In December 2009, I decided to spin off the young adult books into a blog of their own. Some of the adult books I was reading were not necessarily appropriate for my middle grade and younger young adult readers. I didn't want to confuse any students who stumbled on to my blog. Also I wanted to connect more with young adult bloggers and didn't want to confuse them either.

Since December 2009 I have gathered 1163 followers, done 227 book reviews and published 656 blog posts. I have also gotten on some people's lists and have begun to receive books for review from publishers and independent authors - 78 of them have been reviewed already. Not bad for two years!

I am not planning any big changes for 2012. I still want to read and talk about the books I enjoy. I have quite a stack ready to read this coming year. Twenty young adult or middle grade review books are on my TBR mountain for the coming year. And LibraryThing says I have 192 unread young adult books around the house (or on my Kindle).

Now, it is time to pick up my latest book and get reading!


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on two years!!! Soooo glad you started blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogoversary and Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of years, congrats!

    Best to you in the upcoming year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogoversary and Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still amazed at the number of followers! I need to read your posts more critically and find ways I can improve my own blog! Keep up the great reviews for many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogoversary! I'm always impressed that you do such a great job with two blogs, when I have a hard time with one! You're an inspiration! Here's to another awesome year! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!