Sunday, January 15, 2012

In My YA Mailbox (Jan. 15, 2012)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.


My efforts to reduce the size of my TBR mountain were an epic fail this week. I added 15 books to my collection.
I added A Million Suns by Beth Revis this week because I liked Across the Universe and I want to encourage the writing and reading of science fiction. 

I won The Roar by Emma Clayton during one of the challenges of the Holiday Break Reading Challenge. This is an ARC of a Jan. 1 release and sounded interesting. It is also a book that I haven't heard very much about.
My Barnes & Noble edition of Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer arrived this week. Now I can put in the signed bookplate I got at her release party and add this one to my TBR stack. I donated the autographed copy I got signed there to my HS media center.

I had a chance to attend a signing for Switched by Amanda Hocking at my local Barnes & Noble. I got a copy of her book autographed. I already had her earlier ebook release of the title on my Kindle but haven't had a chance to read it yet.
I am currently reading Torn by Dean Murray which the author sent me for review. When I discovered that he had written Broken from the girl's point of view, I had to have it. Torn is raising tons of questions in my mind and I hope that Broken will answer the ones Torn does not.

The rest of the books I got this week were from Diane Duane's Young Wizards series. I have all the print books but these are ebooks for my Kindle. Diane Duane recently had her bank account emptied by skimmers and is in a current cash crunch. The bank's fraud department will replace the money eventually but she needs money now. I ordered these books through her estore and got a 20% discount on the order using the code I got from her post. I got all ten books for less than $35 which I consider a win for both Ms. Duane and me.


Only two of these actually got added to my TBR stack - A Wizard of Mars (the print copy was already there) and Not on My Patch. I have read the rest of them already but wanted to read the series again and have it handy on my Kindle.

Those were my additions. What did you get this week?

12 comments:

  1. So many books! I already ordered A Million Suns, I can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! I have a few Amanda books on my Kindle that I need to read. Plus another on my TBR mountain. But I don't have this series yet.

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep trying to reduce my piles, too, and am failing miserably. :-) I'm interested in seeing what you think of Switched. I haven't read it yet, but I've heard great things about Ms. Hocking. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited about A Million Suns which I also got this week. I haven't tried any of Amanda Hocking's books yet but I am ordering the new one for my library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Million Suns is on my wish list, I also enjoyed Across the Universe and I'm excited to go on with the series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Million Suns! Loved it! I never got around to Roar but I heard it was great.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome books! I want to read Switched really bad! I read her vampire series and they're really good!! I've had Nightshade sitting on my shelf for like 6 months and I haven't read it yet! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome books this week!! Switched looks soo good!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Mailbox! A Million Suns was amazing! Hope you enjoy it!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set! I loved Switched. I want to read Bloodrose but I have to read Wolfsbane first.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curious to see what you have to say about A Million Suns! It looks really good, and I'm hoping it will be good as the first one. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!