Sunday, January 22, 2012

In My YA Mailbox (Jan. 22, 2012)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



I have another big mailbox this week with a combination of review books and books to bring to conferences for author's signatures and book discussions. Then there are the books I got because I liked the author or was curious about the book.


Here are my review books:
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown is from NetGalley. I have to admit that I chose this one for the setting. It takes place in and around Lake Superior. I grew up on the shores of Lake Superior. Who knew there were mermaids there? This is a June release.

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter is the sequel to The Goddess Test which I read and reviewed. This one is from Harlequin Teen and will be released on March 27. I also got it from NetGalley.
Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Schultz is a sequel to Spellbound which I also read and reviewed. It is another Harlequin Teen title from NetGalley. It also comes out on March 27.

My last review book of the week is Traitor's Son by Hilari Bell. I was approached by the author to read and review this one. It will be published by Houghton Mifflin on March 20. It is the sequel to The Trickster's Girl which I read and reviewed. I liked the combination of Native American myth in a dystopian sort of setting of that one and look forward to reading this one too.
I did receive my first audiobook for review this week. I got Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan from Macmillan Audio. It is one of School Library Journal's Best Fiction Books of 2011 and it's science fiction. I am eager to listen to it.

I will be attending the Spotlight on Books conference at the end of March and bought a couple of books to read before then. 
There will be a book discussion of My Name Is Not Easy by Debby Dahl Edwardson one evening. This is a National Book Award finalist.

Margi Preus, author of Heart of a Samurai, will be presenting at the conference. I decided to get that book to have her autograph it. It was a Newbery Honor Book but I didn't have it in my media center collection.

Here are the rest of the books I couldn't live without this week:
Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey is by an author I really enjoy. This one is a young adult paranormal but, unlike her Drake Chronicles, this one explores the world of the Fae.

I also got The Secret Prince by Violet Haberdasher. This is the sequel to Knightly Academy. I have had lots of student requests for this title.

That was my mailbox. What did you get in yours this week?

11 comments:

  1. Now did you get 2 of Goddess Interrupted, or was it just from Netgalley? Wasn't sure. I read it earlier this week and loved it! Really enjoy this series! Happy Reading!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Glow! And I'm getting Traitor's Son as well. Goddess Interrupted is in my Netgalley TBR too. So excited to read it - I'm itching to read it. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    Here's my IMM post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to hearing what you think of Stolen Away. I enjoyed the Drake Chronicles but am not yet sold on this one.

    My Name is Not Easy also sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh awesome books this week! :D I got all of those awesome Netgalley titles, too...oh how I love Netgalley! They spoil us. :P

    Is The Secret Prince King Arthur related, or totally separate? I'm always looking for stories about Arthur so I'm just curious. :)

    Thanks again for stopping at my blog and commenting on my IMM! :)
    Happy Reading!
    Ambur :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to pick up Glow!! I've heard so many awesome things about it! :) Great pick! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have got to read Glow in the worst way. It's so awesome you got an audiobook of it! Lies Beneath also looks great. Hope you enjoy them all!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to read Lies beneath ever since I saw the cover it so I was very happy when I got it. I hope we enjoy:D Happy reading♥

    My IMM ((:
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Mailbox! You got some really great books! Hope you enjoy your new books!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! Spellcaster is one I am dying to read! Can not wait to see what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set! I'm curious about Traitor's Son. I liked, although didn't love, Trickster's Girl.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!