Sunday, January 29, 2012

In My YA Mailbox (Jan. 29, 2012)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



I got six new books this week. Here they are:
These were the ones added to my Kindle. I chose Angelfall by Susan Ee. This one came to my attention when I was looking at the list of books in the running for a Cybil. Even though it is self-published, I have seen nothing but good reviews.

I read Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers series so I was excited to see that this Darkest Powers Bonus Pack - a collection of three companions stories - was available. I look forward to reading it to fill in more of the details about this series. 
I decided to get the YA Edgar nominees when I saw the list. I like mysteries and thought this would be good and would make good additions to my high school media center. This week I got:

I also got a couple more books for review. 

I was surprised to get a package in the mail on Friday containing Forbidden by Syrie James & Ryan James. I got this one from a publicist because I had read and reviewed an earlier book by Syrie James.

I also got a print copy of Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan to go along with the audiobook I got a couple of weeks ago. I plan to do sort of a read-along.

This is what I got this week. What did you get?

10 comments:

  1. Ohh Glow, I'm really interested in that one!

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiiice! I might have to get a copy of Forbidden eventually! I really like Syrie James' Nocturne!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Forbidden and Glow look really good o: Great mailbox!

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mysteries look like something I'd enjoy especially if they are nominated for Edgar awards. I had Glow checked out from the library but never got around to reading it. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great haul. I have not heard of a few so I will be watching for your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great books. Forbidden looks awsome!

    Happy Reading!

    My IMM: http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.com/2012/01/imm-25-my-first-imm-of-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finishing up Glow right now...pretty good! Enjoy!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul this week. I actually ended up really enjoying Glow - a lot more than I thought I would. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set! Angelfall and Glow both sound great. Enjoy.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set of books! New blog follower. Check out my IMM and follow me back via GFC if possible at:
    http://BooksandSparkles.Blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!