Sunday, January 8, 2012

In My YA Mailbox (Jan. 8, 2012)


The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.


This is two weeks worth of books. I hope this is my last large mailbox for a while because I have declared 2012 as the Year of the TBR and really want to read the books I already own and that are threatening to take over my whole house.

These are the books I got for review:
Daughter of Centaurs by Kate Klimo was one of my Amazon Vine picks this month. I liked the sound of this fantasy.

Iris and the Dragonflies by Rosemary Daniella is a middle grade fantasy. This one is self-published and just slid in before my Jan. 1 deadline. I liked the fact that she has her book professionally edited. (Poor editing being one of the main reasons I am not accepting self-published books anymore.)

Griffin's Fire by Darby Karchut is a PDF I received from the author. I really liked the first book in this series and am eager to see what happens next for Griffin.
Charmfall by Chloe Neill is a book I have been waiting for. I love her Dark Elite series and really need to keep up.

Never to Sleep by Rachel Vincent is a ebook. It is a novella that fits into her Soul Screamers series.

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kinneally has been getting such good reviews on the blogs I follow that I had to add a copy to my Kindle. I will also be adding the print version to my next High School Media Center order.
I couldn't pass up these free books for my Kindle this week. I have already read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey and donated it to my Media Center. Now, I will have a copy of my own.

Into the Wild by Erin Hunter is a part of her Warriors series. I have many devoted fans in my middle school but have never read any of them myself. This was my opportunity to have one at my fingertips (or on my Kindle anyway).

Then last, I attended Andrea Cremer's book release party at The Red Balloon Bookstore in St. Paul on Friday night and came home with some signed copies.
I have already read Nightshade and Wolfsbane but donated my copies to my High School Media Center. Now I have autographed copies for my keeper shelf.
I also bought Treachery: A Nightshade Novella for my Kindle this week. I bought Bloodrose and took it to the signing and had it autographed for my students. I had a bookplate signed because I bought myself a copy of Bloodrose from Barnes & Noble. I couldn't pass up the "exclusive content" that edition. Of course, I haven't received it yet. Hence the bookplate. 

That was my last couple of week's additions to my TBR mountain. What did you get?

10 comments:

  1. Very nice!! I got a few of the same as well and cannot wait to read any of them! Gonna have to flip a coin or pull a title out of the hat!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely looking forward to Charmfall! Great books this week. Enjoy them!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching Jordan! Enjoy all of your new readS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are starting off the new year with some good ones. I almost picked up 'Catching Jordan' myself this week, but decided to wait since my TBR is so huge now! Hope you enjoy it!
    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mailbox! I like the sound of Daughter of Centaurs, but am trying to resist temptation as I want to work on my TBR piles this year too. Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice books! I couldn't pass up a free copy of Jessica's Guide either. I loved it. I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the next Griffin book. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Bloodrose! That has got to be the MOST talked about book on Goodreads the past week!

    Here's my IMM: Goldilox's IMM

    And join the Paranormal Fantasy Reading Challenge if you're interested: Sign up post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I read the first book in the Dark Elite series, and own the second and Charmfall, so I need to get on that! And Catching Jordan is fabulous! Hope you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. catching jordan is a cute read!

    stop by my IMM? I posted a vlog and a cute puppy picture :) http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/imm-6-books-full-of-awesome.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!